Wednesday, October 1, 2008
NATIONAL TRUST HERITAGE FESTIVAL 'Our Place in Space- Under the Southern Cross"
The National Trust invites you to celebrate Australia’s natural and cultural heritage and to be part of one of the largest and longest running community festivals in the state, with a variety of over 400 community-hosted events held across metropolitan and regional NSW from Saturday 4 April to Sunday 19 April 2009.
As the host, the Trust brings together community groups, schools, the business community and local government to create a unique program of events. When you register your event with the National Trust Heritage Festival, your activity and organisation will be promoted free of charge via the Trust website and in the Heritage Festival Program. 35,000 Programs will be distributed to National Trust members, National Trust properties, event organisers and the general public through motor registries, councils, libraries, visitor information offices, and cultural organisations.
SUGGESTIONs FOR EVENTS INCLUDE:
• Talks/lectures about the people who have shaped Australia’s part in the science of Astronomy. Our occupation and interaction with our landscape (built and natural), future urban expansion, urban planning and ecological sustainability and how this may affect one of the world’s largest wonders – The Sky.
• Exhibitions and historical displays
• Photographic exhibitions of the night sky.
• Educational competitions.
• Star gazing nights.
• Movie nights screening space, space discovery movies.
To register your event, please complete the on-line registration form by Friday 28 November 2008 at www.nsw.nationaltrust.org.au
(The obelisk symbolized the sun god Ra)