'National Trust Innovation and Invention in the Hunter Forum 2012' video has now been uploaded thanks to support from the University of Newcastle's Coal River Working Party.This Forum was a celebration of the people and institutions which have helped and continue to help shape the region.
The Event was held in the Newcastle Town Hall on the 19th April 2012, and organised by the Hunter Regional Committee of the National Trust of Australia.
- Dr Bernie Curran, Executive Officer, University of Newcastle Foundation facilitated the event.
- Dr Betty Capper, former nurse, now historian, on the period of innovation and change at Royal Newcastle Hospital in the McCaffrey era of the 1950s and 60s.
- Professor Emeritus John Hamilton, OBE, former Dean of the Faulty of Science and Health at University of Newcastle on recent innovation and future directions in medical science in the Hunter.
- Dr. Philip Pollard architect and former planner at the University of Newcastle on innovative buildings and landscaping on the University campus
- Mr Peter Stevens – spoke on Scoping Useful Principles
- Mr Bill Jordan, Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (Australia) on Newcastle’s engineering and industrial history of innovation and adaptation.